Thursday 1 November 2012

Fussy Eater

I'm quite a fussy eater.  I always have been but I'm better than I used to be.

Eating out is sometimes a challenge, especially when going out with a group.  I don't like spicy food at all and I'm not keen on fish, seafood, nuts, some vegetables or unfamiliar/foreign food.  The first challenge is selecting a restaurant where I think there will be at least something I like on the menu.  The next is choosing what to eat.

I choose from a menu by a process of elimination.  As I read the choices I mentally cross off the ones I don't like.  Then I choose from the two or three choices that remain.  At some restaurants I have a favourite option that I always have, or two or three that I rotate.

I used to panic about eating out, either at a restaurant or someone else's house.  I would get so worked up that I wouldn't be able to eat when the food came.  I'm over that now, but I'm still a bit fussy and I don't always finish what's on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment